Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-10-2017, 04:18 AM
Guide

ADHD, in a Spiritual Sense - Thoughts?

I don't know where to place this, and even than, I am unsure if I am asking this the right way.

_______Where does ADHD stand??? ______

In a spiritual sense. What is it for? What is to be learned from it? Do some believe it to be a balance act? Is it truly the next generation of children, now adults?

I have just received a diagnoses of it in my mid 30's...I thought I had enough on my plate. I thought this soul's purpose was to find balance - I have another disorder in which it is said to be a dis-ease of extremes. I have battled other extreme's due to it, and my astrological influences are well, very extreme.

I am curious to other's thoughts.

This year it reared it's ugly head - I know a negative way of looking at it - it has made me very versatile however - a gem in the rough so to speak - which is very positive - but this year, due to illness and the rockiness the last few years - the instability - has made crazy making ... has revved it up enough to have very negative aspects of the disorder flare up. Hence, it has been pin pointed - and now I may be medicated for it - which I fear. Very painful at times to deal with.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nLuv
What is it for? What is to be learned from it? Do some believe it to be a balance act? Is it truly the next generation of children, now adults?

I have it, had it all my life. You may want to check out my latest thread here and see how crazy I went so you feel better, lol. But I have other stuff too. How are you?

I learned from it that I can invent false identities but never really know who am I. I learned I can do hundred things at once and nothing at all and the feeling is still the same. Indifferent. I learned it's like throwing your energy away with no direction just because and sometimes it's fun, but mostly it is amusing to other people. I learned I am a careless kid, but not connected to my inner kid. I don't believe it's even real, it's just an excuse to act like a mad man. That's what it's for, to liberate the madness in you. Just some dark shadow. That's it in my case and that's what I want to accept, no self-pity. And, oh yes, deal with it the sooner the better as it tends to attract other weird stuff, bipolar and so on. I chose not to but I don't recommend that path.

Ok, wish you luck. Peace.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Kioma

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=116857

Old 08-10-2017, 03:01 AM
Guide

Thank you for the responses, I have been told that ADHD in the brain is a result of lowered Dopamine levels. Hence, why the lady that attended my group, and the kids I went to HS with seemed heavily drugged. There is another person that told me it took them out of their Depression, gave them more energy, better clarity, confidence, in turn creating the ability to be more social.

I am worried it will make me slower, Ive been good at what I do in jobs because I am so quick. Also, a disadvantage because when I get pumping, I cant slow it down. Or calm down thought processes.

Which from what I understand about bi-polar, I have begun seeing some crippling effects of being manic. Not self diagnosing.

Studies show that people with ADHD, Bi-Polar, BPD, OCD, PTSD, all have a larger Amygdala in their brains.

In a way, it is again about balance.

I do wonder if this is the Universe telling me, if, "do you get it yet?"

Than I wonder, I still do not work hard enough in all area's on my balance, so will I keep being tossed curve balls until I get it?

Or to find my way.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:09 AM
Guide

The Amygdala detects fear, and responds to it.

Which is interesting again, as I have always felt like a bi-product of fear.

Anyways, doing my own research on it now.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nLuv
....I am so quick.
Also, a disadvantage because when I get pumping, I cant slow it down.
Or calm down thought processes.
You may not be able to 'calm' your thoughts, but you could
accept them more, actually be in love with your thoughts!
New idea probably, ha...but, you can began practicing 'what' you think, dream, imagine, fantasize about.

Caroline Leaf's "Switch on Your Brain"...or any of hers would interest you.
Then, the positivity of Abraham-Hicks books are phenomenal in inspiring us to
keep our thoughts 'great'...ie, kind, happy, forgiving, seeing solutions
rather than any negatives, up beat...
Wishing you the best.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
Namaste.

I'm spending a week over at my brother's place, babysitting my 16yr old niece and 12yr old nephew while my brother and sister-in-law are away in Thailand.

Bonding with my niece meant me bringing out all of my items made from reversible sequins *insert girly-girl squeal here*, all my essential Spiritual Sky aromatherapy oils (frankincense is very calming for ADHD), my items made from zippers that all zip up all the way around, my Zen kinetic sand garden, my Yoga Lounge colouring -in book with metallic and flourescent gel pens, and of course, my collection of pictures of flowers that resemble animals and people, like Monkey Orchids (Dracula Simian), Skull Snapdragons, followed by my 'make your own 'Dream Catcher' kit...well, suffice to say, If I was a 16yr old girl I would like that stuff...

She was into all that stuff too!

In return, she has just gone through that whole "I'm over that whole stage where I need to have 100 Buddha statues in my room to be a Buddhist" and so she gave me a beautiful statue of a Thai Buddha and also a Buddhist rosary made of wood and lapis lazuli with 108 beads (which I will do my Mantra Japa (great thing for ADHD) on the beads of:

"Namaste Astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya, Mahadevaya, Trilokanaya, Tripurantakaraya, Trikalagnykalaya, Kalagnirudraya, Neeklanthaya, Mrityunjayaya, Sarveshvarayah, Sadashivaya, Sriman Mahadevaya Namaha".

Yeah, that's the one, my mantra right there! I also got her to put the rosary over my head...somebody else has to do that first time in my tradition.

The Buddha statue is going on my prayer shrine alongside a lenticular 5D picture of Shiva, a stone statue of the goddess Kali, a pure crystal Shiva Lingam a statue of Naga Deva (Vasuki/Patanjali) a statue of Nandi the Bull in brass, an energised Bhairava Yantra, a crystal lotus, a small wooden statue of Lord Nataraja (Dancing Shiva) my rudraksha mala and my holy ash (vibhoot).

Then, I go and study all the aphorisms of Patanjali, do some fixed gazing whilst thinking about the glorious houseboats on Srinaga Lake in Kashmir and then that makes think about the teachings of Swami Lakshmanjoo, Sri Nisargadatta and Mooji...and then I look at pictures of the Goddess Pandals in recent Kolkotta festivals.

Suffice to say, we taught each other a lot.

I gave her a reversible sequin purse, an elastic neck choker, a bottle of strawberry aromatherapy oil and a book about crystals.

Go me.
Old 29-11-2019, 05:30 AM
Guide

Thank you Miss Hepburn, these are some area's I am trying to work on now.

I did run from the meds.

Currently, I am now on medication however, and it has only been two weeks. I do think they're toxic, and I do know that with proper diet, hydration, exercise, and sleep, I can have what these meds are giving me on a positive note, ten fold because I have experienced it before. With no negatives, or side effects.

I think right now, it is best to use them as a foundational start because they help keep me motivated, and help with sleep.

I am trying to go towards schooling so that basic needs aren't the only thing that can be met in my near future.

I am not a zombie on the medication as I feared. I feel balanced, good at times.
Old 30-11-2019, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
I am not a zombie on the medication as I feared. I feel balanced, good at times.
Yay!

If you go to therapy - your therapist will probably deal with fear issues...we were afraid the second we were born...
we continued to have fear each time we were hungry...it's built in...
we had a fear of abandonment - no food, yikes.
Now, that fear is unconscious.
(Until we deal with it; Worry, jealousy,
low self esteem, pride, anger - all fear based.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-12-2019, 04:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
I don't know where to place this, and even than, I am unsure if I am asking this the right way.

_______Where does ADHD stand??? ______

In a spiritual sense. What is it for? What is to be learned from it? Do some believe it to be a balance act? Is it truly the next generation of children, now adults?

I have just received a diagnoses of it in my mid 30's...I thought I had enough on my plate. I thought this soul's purpose was to find balance - I have another disorder in which it is said to be a dis-ease of extremes. I have battled other extreme's due to it, and my astrological influences are well, very extreme.

I am curious to other's thoughts.

This year it reared it's ugly head - I know a negative way of looking at it - it has made me very versatile however - a gem in the rough so to speak - which is very positive - but this year, due to illness and the rockiness the last few years - the instability - has made crazy making ... has revved it up enough to have very negative aspects of the disorder flare up. Hence, it has been pin pointed - and now I may be medicated for it - which I fear. Very painful at times to deal with.
there is place for everything. In some places ADHD. Has its strengths over someone who doesn't have it. Just because you have something a little different than the majority doesn't mean it's bad. Think of what strengths it gives you. If you don't know. Look for the strengths, not the weaknesses.