Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 07-01-2017, 08:49 PM
WondrousVoyager

Which house system to use?

Yes I clearly understand this is an open question. Different astrologers point to different house systems and all have reasonable reasons for their choices. Some state that one should use different systems for different purposes or techniques: other disagree, maintaining that the astrological system should be consistent. The answer will most likely be found in practice.

My interest is mainly focused on natal astrology and when working with the classical (“traditional”) astrology techniques, I use the Whole Sign Houses because that’s what the Greeks used when they developed these techniques.
(and yes also based on the research by Robert Hand and others)

First of all, I pay attention to the angles and the quadrants, and give a lot of leeway for the intermediate Houses. I feel that the Houses, much more than the Signs, flow easily into each other. With the Signs, there’s no middle ground—29 degrees of Capricorn is still 100% Capricorn, and 0 degrees of Aquarius is 100% Aquarius. But there isn’t such a clear distinction between the 10th and 11th Houses, for example.

However uncertain as I can be about this subject, I always also take a look at the chart based on the Placidus and Koch system. Often this does not result in planets being moved into another house (as is the case in my own natal chart), however at times it does and than it becomes a subject of significant interest.

So far I have stayed with the whole sign system, because intuition confirmed me that this was mirroring best what I saw in the person. Very unscientific and easily colored by wishful thinking.

Do others recognize the struggle I have with this subject? And do you find confidence in your final answer, or is it more following the (Placidus) footsteps of the majority?
Old 08-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Knower
When I first started learning Astrology I used Koch because I loved the slight differences it made to my Natal chart... but then when I really sunk into deeper and deeper levels of learning, the Koch system stopped being truthful to me. I had to switch to Placidus because that was the most accurate representation of me (once I was able to separate what I wanted it to be from what the truth was).

I haven't looked back since.

I agree with the people who say pick the one that works best for you, my only advice would be to learn from my mistake and be able to separate what you like versus what is telling you the most truthful information. <3
Old 08-01-2017, 06:04 AM
Pathfinder
Hello

I only really work with Natal Charts, and over the years I have found
the Placidus House System to be the more spot on in my experience too.