Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 12-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Suspended
Sorry, it took me so long to reply to this, somehow it slipped through.

Mothwing,
Thanks for your kindness - it means a lot to me!

Time,
You bring up a good point - about conflict, which I'm conflicted about, lol.
Seriously, I feel like I'm going into no-man's land... Every time my husband & I get into an argument about religion, he has the church, most of our family & friends are lds, articles of faith (which tell exactly what "we believe") etc - all to fall back on.
What do I have to fall back on? You guys here on this forum (who I'm so greatful for!) - but we're all trying to find our own way. Nobody's telling us what to believe, well, maybe they are, but it's like the tower of babel, lol.
I know & treasure spiritual experiences, guidance & "light bulb moments" - but sometimes I feel like I'm going into unmarked territory.

About kids... I'm doing the best I can - I know I'm not perfect, but I love my kids so much & want the very best for them! I don't want them to feel the shame & suicidal thoughts because they're not matching up to some ridiculous cultural/religious standard.
I mentioned this before, but up to 80% of mental illness are considered to have their root in misunderstandings of Judeo/Christian doctrines.

I want my kids to have friends, to be accepted & loved by extended family. Unfortunately, that depends on their activity in the church.
I do like that everyone gets involved in church - even kids pray & give little speeches on their own, or with a little help.
But I am trying to give them other perspectives. Infact, once, my son got up in front of the entire congregation & said into the microphone, "I know the bible stories aren't really true, but there's good stuff in there & we should read it." My face turned bright red, but at the same time I wanted to hug him & laugh!