View Single Post
Old 25-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Master
All over the web there's a lot of spiritual information, misinformation, gurus, wise people, nutters, crackpots and generally, if you ask for it, it's out there. Some of the stuff is just plain weird...but there are people who will believe it, albeit gullible people (we think).

Those who have had traumatic experiences in life are often those who search for a deeper meaning to them or tend to ask the question; 'surely this cannot be what life is all about?...gimme something better' and their search for meaning can take them from Zen Buddhism to Atlantean lizard-people without anything much in between.

Then there are those we come across though and have to say 'woah...is that dude for real?' but who are we to judge it, even though it seems totally ridiculous (to us)?

The trick here is using our discernment and discretion. Sometimes (often) I need to sift through pages and pages of carp to get one sentence of pure gold...at other times, I visit the Christian forum if I am in need of a good laugh.

On here, the truly wise/enlightened among the folk only visit SF once in a few months, post a sentence or two on a specific thread and then vanish again before you can say "hey, I wanna talk to you!"

So, we each have our own 'spiritual filters' that separate the 'real stuff' from all the rubbish, but what may be rubbish to one would be a gem to another at a different vibration or stage of personal growth.