View Single Post
Old 31-10-2010, 03:10 PM
LightFilledHeart

Hi Kapitan

I'm with you on Young Living Oils. Their whole organization has a very weird vibe. I don't think the quality of their oils is that much better than anyone else's at this stage (IF it ever was!) and I think the whole idea of their using that excuse (premium quality product) to justify their high prices is pure hype. I don't like the "guru" vibe of their owner/founder either. They almost worship him like the second coming! In fact (and I hesitate to say this, because I have no wish to offend anyone!) their entire organization is a bit heavy-handed on the whole Christiosity thing. When I buy essential oils, I want consistent quality at a fair price... I don't want a "message" (overt or implied...!) as part of the package! I recently had a bad experience with them in terms of some oils that had gone off and did not smell right, so from here on out I will be taking my business elsewhere.

As for the exhorbitant shipping costs of the firm you mention in India, vendors routinely tack on large shipping and "handling" costs to their products by way of upping the price of said item without actually saying that's what they're doing. I have seen items offered through the mail that cost five dollars and they want an additional fifteen in shipping and handling...! Mind you these items were small, light weight and not fragile or in need of special packing.

I don't purchase on ebay... is there another source you can recommend?

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 31-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.