View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_fluffet
The reason I ask is because from ancient mythology to modern pop culture to you in this thread, there seems to be a trend of otherworldly beings living in Japan, and I've never been able to really figure out why that is. Do you have any theories as to why that is?

Otherworldly beings...you mean creatures like dragons?
Chinese dragons are from China obviously. We've had may influence from China since the ancient time, dare I say the majority of them are not our original.

Like most of the cases in the world, we started with animism and Shinto evolved from it. We didn't worship Gods in forms because they were simply spirits which people were not allowed to see but when Buddhism arrived from Korea, it influenced our traditional belief system a lot and we started building shrines like Buddhist temples and visualize Gods like Buddhist statues.

Otherworldly beings in Modern pop culture are, for example?

Did you happen to know that any kind of creative activities are considered channeling (from the other dimensions/spaces)? That's what I've heard and I had one weird yet somewhat amazing experience in which the hero and heroine of the popular fantasy visited me when I was in the other consciousness state...(I wasn't really a big fan of the story nor these characters but enjoyed it nevertheless. )They basically gave me a message that through this story they wanted to give people a good opportunity to explore oneself, know about love on the soul level...they were more of dieties rather than characters in their energies when they showed up. So while still being a story created by an author, the creation of it also relates to the higher dimension which made the author writing the story possible. Was an evidence to know the Diviity's involvement in any kind of creations for me. The divinity just won't ask for credit!