View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
If you're having to use your inner strength to push yourself to do a job then that speaks volumes, IMO. Yes, majority of us have to work, but that doesn't mean we have to be miserable and use precious energy in forcing ourselves to do something we don't enjoy. A lot preach ''I have to pay the bills, you know'' - sure, of course, but does that mean you have to do something that is soul destroying? Not at all. Most are locked in a belief system of doing something - anything - to earn.

It happens a lot when you're evolving; it's very common indeed. You fall out of alignment with what you once liked -or rather - you're aware you probably settled for a role doing something you actually don't really get enjoyment out of. Happened to me. The more I was growing, the more it became very obvious that it was time for a change in direction.

When you actually took action to change, did you actually have another direction in mind to pursue? I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do. I think I kind of like it like that, at least for the short term.