Thread: How do u cope?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:46 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Seawolf gave good advice above. Just wanted to add, from experience, that one has to tread carefully to not remove oneself from the everyday living experiences no matter how mundane they may feel after experiencing things such as visions for example. I once became so engrossed with the paranormal that it bordered on paranoia. It also occupied too much of my attention to the detriment of others around me that didn't understand what I was experiencing.

I think the conclusion I came to was that the phenomenal occurrences I experienced didn't need to consume me over other responsibilities, which also include carrying on with relationships with others despite their lack of belief in my experiences. I learned to let things stay warm on the back burner, but not let it boil over into everyday life. After all, most unexplained phenomenon (everything from visions to supernatural or paranormal events) just can't hurt one as long as one doesn't let these types of things take over their life.

As for traumatic things that cause mental anguish, I agree with Seawolf, that those things are in a different category altogether and need to be addressed with diligence as pain and suffering is a reality in life and can't just be brushed under the rug.

Thats good advice. I guess our world is just as weird as ghosts/et life. All the desensitizing of gore and murders in media could help ppl cope. That was dumb of me to say 'normal life' because everyone is different. Who knows how a killer copes, or the homeless, or a priest who sees angels. Every life is interesting to somebodys eyes