View Single Post
Old 28-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Master

Bearing in mind I'm not well versed in uncertainty theory while at the same time having to deal with it... I thought a couple of things you said resonated. First though let me say that I at some point lost interest in knowing how the universe was going to relate to me (it seemed a losing proposition because of the uncertainty of everything, I feel like a bull in a china shop sometimes) and started wondering how I relate to the universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
It is as if the universe holds existence in abeyance, not making up its mind as to what it will show reality to be until we ask it a question, and then it only gives an incomplete and uncertain answer.
I think there is something else in play, other than that I get my desire that the 'names' I choose in some way deeply resonate with what I see around me? One aspect of this is definitely the fact of uncertainty.

Quote:
Is it then the very act of naming that gives form and reality to that which is named? Is then the certainty of that which is named only illusion in the mind of the observer, a false certainty that merely hides the subtle reality of the formlessness from which the forms arise and eventually to which all forms return?
this is kind of along the lines of what I think, at least within the mind we need the names to sort of separate one thing from another. But, since things aren't as obviously separable as we like to think, the very fact of using names makes us look at the reality through a certain lens, and it blinds us to other things that are just as real. For example I'm having a hard time sticking to your view of the topic because I'm not used to thinking in terms of uncertainty lol!

But it seems like (from what I can tell) the makeup of the distribution you mentioned is at least partially designed to make us get tired/bored with whatever names we are using after a while so things have a chance to settle out again. Rise and fall of civilizations?