View Single Post
Old 14-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
In which case delve into the root causes of these feelings of inadequacy to bring them into conscious awareness. Then you can start to release them. For most people these root causes have their origin in childhood experiences and how we were treated by our parents. Bringing these subconscious feelings to the surface may require professional help, for example hypnotherapy. Just be aware that some therapists are better than others, so find one whom you are happy with.

Regarding the original post, there is truth in this. At the same time, it is difficult to sustain a cheerful confident outlook if our subconscious is sending us messages that we are inadequate and unworthy and we do not deserve happiness. For me, this has always been the issue with using affirmations. Many of us may affirm one thing while our subconscious is telling us the opposite. At some point we need to deal with any self-sabotaging subconscious tendencies.

Peace
This is what I wrote on another thread:
The way I understand it, everything I perceive is my own subconscious' creation. My subconscious co-creates a reality with all other co-participants, but that isn't a reality that "there is", but a blueprint.

What each participant perceives is the creations of the other participants, and not an objective reality.

If I imagine myself in a certain situation, intensely enough, the co-creators, including my subconscious will interpret it as being part of the reality, and start including it in their perceptions of the reality, becoming part of the blueprint. This is how and why affirmations are supposed to work.

The "conscious I", has the free-will to imagine anything. The issue is that each "conscious I" has a set of beliefs, some of them personal, some of them shared. When beliefs and wishes conflict, the stronger ones determine the reality the subconscious creates and presents to the "conscious I" through the senses. If the conscious thought / wish is strong enough (intensity, not time) it can override any belief, personal or shared.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.