View Single Post
Old 18-04-2019, 10:40 PM
Master
Some good points were brought up recently by you all.

Altair you're right that growing and storing fruits can pose issues. Yes not everywhere is suitable for all fruits or plants, but something can grow everywhere, and where it can't, we can utilize greenhouses and other technological advancements.. because we are at a stage where all sorts of things are possible, only too much energy and money is devoted to things that are detrimental to us rather than working in our favor. which you sum up well about livestock demands.
Similarly, all the time, energy and money spent on things like rice and grains could be spent on fruit and things much healthier for us. And again the beauty of fruit is that harvesting it doesn't require total destruction of the plant it grows on, so it can be potentially sustainable, and the world definitely needs more plantlife around.

There is just too much technology and infrastructure, and human energy spent on a variety of things that are essentially or eventually harmful for us to use the excuse that growing a food that is actually great for us is not feasible. It is, and we are well evolved enough, just not spiritually or intellectually as a whole at this point. It's clear that no country or area needs to be poor, it just needs the tools and support to grow better and thrive. Obviously things are very corrupt and imbalanced in a number of ways, but the thing is, people eating more fruit and healing foods will result in less corruption and competition, etc.. Consider how many illions of dollars go into buildings and establishments and companies and political regimes that only serve to harm us, even a fraction of that energy and money investment would likely support the entire world being supplied with and fed fruit and given the means to grow and sustain it.

We're just not there.. but I feel that a lot of the reason is because people have been deprived of and deviated too far from their ideal diet and consumption, so if they were fed what they were supposed to be we would evolve in a much better way and finally come together as we're meant to. It is not a wonder that so many people are focused on themselves when their own bodies are broken factories that cause them pain and discomfort on a daily basis, how can we expect to extend our energy outward amply given this scenario? Yet humans are innately kind, generous, loving, and supportive, so of course we still see this, just not enough.. but we could. I can nearly guarantee we'll never get there if we don't evolve our diet to reflect the most evolved foods, which are inarguably fruits of plants. and perhaps flowers hehe, herbs and such.. which is also important to consider when contemplating the frugivore diet, because some herbs have some of the highest nutrient content. and a host of other marvelous benefits to help us body, mind, and soul.

Lucky 1 that's some good information about grains. and that's not even getting into the whole reality of what gluten specifically does to or in the human body. I'd like to learn more about the truths of corn and rice. I agree they are not good food sources but don't now enough specific facts. I've seen a picture of ancient corn and yeah it even looks more like wheat than the corn we have today. It's clear that hybridization is a problem, though not nearly as bad as genetic modification that goes onto today what with them injecting gut exploding bacteria (bacillus thurgiensis or whatever the bt-toxin strain is) into every cell of the corn or plant. even tobacco and cotton are largely gmo unfortunately. but that's getting a bit off track..

I'd like to share this excerpt from a book I just began reading that paints a decent picture of why some foods are detrimental for us. Though this is only one of the aspects and there are more, I think it's a good starting point to understand and consider

"Once foods are broken down, we must now absorb these building materials ... Absorption is accomplished through the villi (fingerlike projections on the surface of certain membranes) and small pores all along the mucous membranes of the small and large intestines. This absorption should be simple, but most people’s intestines become impacted with a thick rubber-like substance called “mucoid plaque.” This thick plaque, which develops in the GI tract, is made of gluten, mucus, foreign protein, and other food by- products that act more like glue than nutrition! Refined sugars, grains, meats,and dairy products are the foods that are most responsible for the formation of this plaque. This “mucoid plaque” blocks the nutritional components of our foods from being adequately absorbed into the body."