View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 07:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Sure....and some very diligent research shows that 84% of these people who go vegan or vegetarian give it up as unsustainable and go back to consuming animal proteins which fits with what the University of Texas Health Science center has published.

Qoute: Michael Houston PHD, Professor Emeritus of the University of Texas Health Science center concerning veganism ....... "Perhaps 10 to 15 percent of the world wide human population have a metabolism that can be successful being completely free of animal products in there diet"

So that 84% rate of failure tracks pretty darn closely with the professors statement.

And Debrah.....if those 15% who can stay healthy on a vegan diet are happy with it....I'm happy for them! But it just doesn't work for the majority of the world population.

Isn't it interesting that Texas Midland Memorial Hospital started encouraging their patients to adopt a plant vegan diet than? I think that was about a year ago and they not only encourage patients to chose the vegan options, but they are offering classes that are open to staff and the public on how to make the transition.

As well, a quick search will find the following hospitals and medical communities that are now offering/studying plant based diets for the sake of helping people with chronic diseases to recover.

Florida’s Good Samaritan Hospital
Texas Midland Memorial Hospital
Stony Brook University Hospital in NY
Aspen Valley Hospital
Barnard Medical Centre in Washington
Bellevue Hospital in NYC

And Oregon lawmakers have passed a bill requiring all their hospitals to offer vegan meals. https://www.pcrm.org/news/news-relea...eals-hospitals

So it would seem to me that the health benefits are obvious to most medical practitioners. And as more and more fabulous testimonials show up that prove those benefits, the more information will spread, that meat is literally, 'a dead end'. The following FB page has all kinds of testimonials from people whose health was improved by not eating meat or dairy. https://www.facebook.com/thevitalble...f=nf&__x ts__[0]=68.ARATmZpG8zPMygA9gHnsenIrH56Aa5we2mOvx_ISYPKBJ4 Jp25EGk3oLO2mo6tOWbr3okO5HU2Yp3p9pAJnIx3O2SumM2jkY b5ipd-33N9jtDLXWMBOlVsgWQeTLncb9H4SP-gyhGjD7DueXg3PZ5NZXzmrmkhg6MJQTYyiee5o63GLRyH39bcE RLYghNh852D8_Rew4DW-rNIqu6uYKT2saPWpPN5i3el01W96IBRDSwQaq_xJkwQ68Zn31d bY8ZGeP6nsF_bWSx89he2DR1394wfEo8vptC4SuiTyzqDRqvH0 t-bvMP0ldcNX_eiLZv8udR2eWmLpF9QsQ1_Hazn6vh4WzrvBd5ko _IjaeMckU7hMeu8qdH3E

And for the record, I haven't eaten meat for about 25 years and at 64, I'm thriving.
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)