View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
What do you mean it ties you to the earth? Do you mean with ether type chords, or your ether body, or what, exactly do you mean?

I hoped my comment explained but since it doesn’t all I can offer is that acquisitiveness tends to make people put their faith and trust in material goods, what wealth can buy, and shields them from the chance to look at the riches in themselves as spirit, the value of experiences, the understanding of their relationships with material goods (what they REALLY mean to the them); and the value of those (people) and nature around them on the mundane, what they bring to your life and what you take to theirs that you can’t measure materially – trust, open-heartedness, reliability, steadfastness, appreciation, willingness to share what you have without depriving yourself.

Abundance (of material wealth) tends to inspire fear of unknowns – something religion has got away with since the beginnings. (You can’t promote religious ideologies without a material world against which to offset them so it would seem.) Acquisitive people are often afraid to die (in part because of the possible physical pain but also) because they’re forced to leave behind all they’ve trusted in about their lives – their “treasured possessions” and what they symbolise. They no longer control. They don’t want to leave the physical earth.

Does that help? There are no physical cords, no mystique about it. People fritter their lives accumulating wealth then at the end wonder what it was all really about!