View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I'm getting really confused here. I thought this was a 'page' to discuss vegetarian and vegan issues.

And your comment Gem, well, are you a vegetarian or a meat eating body builder? And if you are the latter, why are you here? Would your thread not be a topic more suitable for the health section or exercise?

I'm a powerlifter (not a body builder) and eat to optimise performance in the sport.

I disclosed my own omnivore diet to be transparent, and so that people may be assured that I'm advocating good nutrition and not pushing a 'vegan-diet agenda'. This thread is about plant based diets. Not my diet. It could be about performance enhancing diet provided that is still a plant based diet, but this is about proper plant based nutrition in a much more general sense.

If I'm to be excluded from such a discussion, it would be like excluding a vegan from discussing omnivore diets. I'm supportive of plant based diets because plant based eating is a great way to optimise nutrition, and the most suitable way for a great many people.