View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Guide
Cool Inverse Lucid Dream

Usually lucid dreams are where you are involved in the dream and you become aware that it is a dream and your consciousness can explore around in the dream state.

However last night, during a long bout of insomnia, I had kind of an inverse of a lucid dream. I was in my bed, awake and trying to relax myself back into sleep, but it was not working very well. So my imagination began to drift. Eventually my imagination drifted so far that everything was visible, like a dream, but instead of being involved IN the dream, I was simply observing it from the outside while being perfectly aware that I was still awake in my bed.

It was a dream, there was no conscious control of the events in the dream (as you would have when you are simply imagining things), it was playing out from outside my conscious mind, and I was just the observer. There really was no direct involvement in the dream itself, it was just playing out for me.

Was a real interesting state of consciousness.