View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
I'm done with the new age movement. It was fine when I still enjoyed mentally examining life, spirit and morality ad infinitum searching for truth but not anymore.

The downside to the new age is the consensus of belief can make it very hard for people to believe in their right to become enlightened ALL ON THEIR OWN. No angels, channels, psychics, spiritual practises, "raising of vibration" or beliefs in Gods involved!

So many contradictions in the new age community, and no centralisation. People are basically making their own God, their own religion - which is fine, but then they go and argue about who's right! Ugh. Exhausting. I did it too, and I'm relieved to say it was just a learning phase and I can no longer be bothered.

I've said it (and practised it long before I came to this site or encountered new age philosophy) - the only thing you need to become enlightened, is meditation. That's it. Nothing else.

Enlightenment states are very easy. Half the stuff the New Age philosophy puts in your mind is just overcomplication and actually an obstacle to achieving self awareness.

Just my random pre-christmas 2 pence.
I'm very wise statement.