View Single Post
Old 22-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color

Quote:
ajay00-- There is nothing in nondualistic philosophy which states that one ought to stop observing reality around us for practical purposes.

Finally you get this thread topic/title.

Quote:
All it says is that we ought to switch off the thought process when the practical tasks is done, and don't live in thought and mental worlds all the time, divorced from existential reality.

Nobody here divorced from reality and nobody her suggesting anyone should be.

Quote:
As Allan Watts stated, "A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusion."

Good luck in stopping the thinking process. Most animals other than the human do less thinking so perhaps.........

Quote:
There had been times when I got into the thinking habit and thought myself to hellish headaches and migraines, missing the bright day and pleasures of nature around me, foolishly.

Sorry thinking gives you headaches. You may need mental help. Most people do not get a headache from thinking and Ive never heard of any such diagonosis.

Quote:
The nondualist philosophy or advaita helped to decondition me from this habit, made me understand the nature of the mind, and helped give my mind a break.

Glad your headaches have subsided. There exist three primary types of headache and none of them are caused by thinking. Do you link to medical records of this thinking disease?

Thinking is what makes humans unique in the animal kingdom and brought us the wheel, teh spaceship, the cruise ship, the hair dryer, the basket ball etc.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman