Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful harry

I've never really understood the law of attraction like I'm beginning to now but it seems as clear as day to me now that what I have been doing for the past 20 years is creating this reality of sadness and anger and hate. I now feel ready to turn this around but I don't really know where to begin....... Any help would be gratefully received!
Thanks for reading.

Have a browse through the section on Affirmations.

Regardless of how spiritual people are, most affirm one way or another however slight to get through their lives. They decide what they want to do or be and set about being it (without ever thinking they're "doing affirmations"). One lesson is that if you think negative or rest in the negative, your life will be joyless, your fears may be amplified and you're likely to be anxious...because you're reluctant to trust in a positive outcome.

Thus, focused, deliberate affirmations are a way of getting things done - changing your attitude; bringing something about in your life etc. (as long as you're practical!) The results aren't instant. Depending how much you have to change they can go on for years. (They naturally do, like I said, in people who consider themselves a success.) A month may yield good results. Best to avoid going around looking for results - just be aware when something good happens. (The reasoning behind that is if you can't find an immediate result you risk starting to doubt again.)

Plus, of course, it will help with any meditation you incline to. Thoughts and insights that you incorporate into your spiritual development will appear.

Anyway it IS a good start. It's important to get your affirmations right though, hence picking up tips. They have to look to the future not the failings of the past. So "I'm leaving the bad behind me" is almost useless - better: "things are getting better day by day." But you'll need to be more specific and focused than that.

They need time, they need repeating often.

Over to you.