Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you for the replies and sorry for bumping this thread but I've only recently considered myself to be on a spiritual path and feel I may need some guidance.

For twenty years I've had problems with anxiety and depression. At my worst I've been suicidal, at my best it has been an ever present lurking in the shadows. Recently I have started watching my own thoughts and I have been utterly shocked at what I have found. It sounds obvious when I write it down but the contents of my thoughts are extremely negative and angry. I even have imaginary arguments in my head with strangers I walk past in the street! It's ridiculous.

At the moment I am still at the stage of noticing these thoughts (and, like I say I have shocked myself with the severity and consistency of them) but I'm wondering now how I can begin to change the way I think. I feel like a lot of damage has been done over the last 20 years and I don't know how to undo it. I feel like I've had a bit of an awakening simply by noticing my thoughts more often but at the same time a little bit disheartened by the severity of the problem.

I've never really understood the law of attraction like I'm beginning to now but it seems as clear as day to me now that what I have been doing for the past 20 years is creating this reality of sadness and anger and hate. I now feel ready to turn this around but I don't really know where to begin....... Any help would be gratefully received!
Thanks for reading.