View Single Post
Old 21-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
BTW, I quit smoking, alcohol and drugs many years ago, by using this same "shift the intent" technique. And with my eating addiction, I lost 95 lbs and got back to my high school weight.

One thing though: I can and never will smoke, drink, do drugs or eat junk food, ever again. I am an addict. I don't dare eat one single potato chip or half-piece of pie, or that might be it for me. I don't understand how you could keep smoking on occasion, that's an impossible idea for me. Maybe, just maybe, there is a key in there with regards to your lack of ability to stay on a fast. Not saying there is, but it might be worth looking at.

The other thing as well: processed foods have all kinds of additives that are put in there because they're addictive. Sugar is big-time addictive. You may have to look at that as well if you're truly wanting to be able to fast when you want to. It might mean having to drop a number of addictive processed foods from your diet, completely.

I have been eating organic and avoiding junk food for a while now, its not that im fat, im skinny and feel like i way overeat for my size. Ill have to DO the intent better.

E-cigs also helped me quit (which i also dont do anymore). Its actually great that i can smoke something once a month, it gives that 'first time feeling' without it controlling you. When someones deprived and tortured about forcing themself not to smoke, isnt it still controlling their life? Like alcoholics at AA meetings, self-deprevation is also sort of a 'high'