View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Greenslade

Rosewater,

I read a book called 'Fingerprints of the Gods'. Basically, what the author and his wife did was look at the myths of various cultures and look for commonalities. One of the very common themes was 'Golden Ones' or 'Shining Ones' - also sometimes called 'Elohim' or'Annunaki'. What the myths were saying is that people had come from nowhere and civilised them in some way - that included the Sumerians. They weren't creation myths but they came after. According to history, there's a period where Sumerian civilisation took on a bit of a spurt. Perhaps the gods the Sumerians were created by and the people from the east were one and the same?

Although there's no direct link according to history, I can't help wonder what happened to many from Atlantis after it was destroyed. History doesn't acknowledge Atlantis as such, but the tales say that many Atlanteans fled to other places - one of them being Egypt, another (I seem to remember mentioned) was Greece. It's likely some went to India, were they in Sumeria too?