View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 04:06 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
My understanding (based on first hand experience) is that there are Benevolent Beings, who and what they are Exactly is unknown, that they come in love, compassion and comfort is known. They will agree to be whatever we need them to be, or even dig around in our mind and find out what we identify with and feel open to and say they are that.

One persons Quan Yin might be another's Arch Angel Michael, another's Guru Das, yet another persons Grandma, someone else's Orion ET friend, and yet anothers Great White Elk....

They will take any name you feel comfortable giving to them - they aren't attached to identity. :)

I completely disagree. I mean, sure, it CAN work like that in some situations, but there are a lot of beings out here who have very strong personalities. Take the vodou lwa for example. If you don't honor them with their exact things they like, expect trouble. You can't give cigars and rum to the Marassa children, for example. If you upset one of the Petwo family, you're going to know it pretty quickly. Papa Legba isn't interchangeable with Erzuli Danto.

Angels are distinct too, or can be. Some people see Michael in red as a warrior, some see him in blue as a guardian or healer, but it's still Michael, not "insert pleasing name and face here."

The Egyptian gods, are like that too. And in most cultures where there are non-physical beings and gods. You can't treat Nuit like Sekhmet, or Coyote like White Buffalo Woman, or Shiva like Hanuman. They are different people.