View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Master

one of the biggest problems I had was dealing with people who wanted to just say 'no' to the possibility of contradictions. To them, the fact of contradictions voided anything that contained them.

Ironically, these same people called themselves 'scientists'... and that is ironic because if you look around the very fabric of our existance is just filled with things contradicting each other. It seems to be one of the pillars things are built on. To just out and out say no to the concept, simply on the basis you don't like them and don't want to deal with them, is a very unscientific stance to take IMO. But I'm just a plebian so what do I know?

But that is where you are if you are starting out in the bible... you take one side of the coin and quote the passages that fits where you are, and avoid all the other passages that contradict it. Then another day of the week on a whim you take the other stuff and avoid the original stuff you liked. For a long time it is just random back and forth and accepting one thing but denying the other, the only constant being that there is always something to care for and something else to dislike, and noone might be able to tell what you might choose that day.

And then one day maybe you get tired of bouncing back and forth and never really getting anywhere, and decide to take a hard look at the FACT of the contradictions... accepting both sides and denying neither... and it is only then that you can even begin to find out what life is all about.