View Single Post
Old 19-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I would be interested in knowing how a person would go about doing that.
Let's go dumpster diving and find out. Buried within running's "garbage can of nonsense" rant are a couple of jewels: "Yes. Bliss and silence is possible;" also, that the most important aspect in all this has to do with "...one's own identity, experience, and life." I will repeat again something I wrote the other day as part of a conversation on the topic of creating joy and happiness in one's life:

One reaches a point in their spiritual development journey where they learn control of their thinking, feeling and will responses. At that point, yes, one can freely choose to feel joy and enthusiasm. It happens to me constantly. I'm aware I'm unhappy for some reason -- at some perceived hurt -- and then I immediately stop myself and say "No! I will not feel that way." Life is too precious to waste a single moment feeling anything other than gratitude and appreciation. It is in that thought and moment that I immediately feel my attitude shift, and find myself back in my joyful state of being. This is a constant and regular occurrence for me.

This is after 40 years of self-exploration work. I could not do this 30 years ago, even 20 years ago. It's a learned talent so to speak. I was lucky I think (karmic path really). In my 20s, I found myself in a spiritual school that taught that spirituality is essentially about one thing only: self-development. Every step on the spiritual knowledge path, requires three steps on the self-understanding and moral development path. This really means learning control of one's mental, emotional and will life. I have held to this all these years, and it has formed the foundation of my spiritual work in this lifetime.

What drew me to running's thread was his assertion that healthy spirituality is much less about external knowledge, and all about inner wisdom. Examining, reflecting upon, and ultimately discovering one's identity. One's true self. The true self, once it is discovered and uncovered, is the ignition switch that inspires the human soul to rise above the ego or lower self's trivial hurts and imagined wrongs. When the human soul recognizes the true self, it has come home; has arrived at its spiritual center.

But not home in the spirit realm; this isn't about ascension and escape. Rather, home in the physical-material. Discovering the true self allows the human soul to finally relax into its life, into this incarnation. That is the silence aspect: the soul stillness that results. The true cause of our hurt and disconnect is the anxiety and stress of feeling alone and homeless in this life. But now the human soul has found a partner to share life with, and in that sense it's like falling in love. And in the same way someone in love wishes to always give their best to the other, it activates the will and desire to create joy. It inspires the human soul to step fully into life, to embrace life, to embrace joyful existence, which in turn manifests as overwhelming gratitude for being alive.