View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Suspended
Guide
[quote=Glacier Serenade]I'm so confused about free will beliefs. I don't think anyone will ever be certain whether or not it exists. We make choices freely it would seem, but do we actually have control over making the choices? Who knows! [

Hello,
So am I mate so you're not Robinson Crusoe!
Free will to me and only applied to me subjectively, is the choices I have as a member of society/humanity is based on what my "ego" wants.
I get to choose what food I eat unless I live in a country without food,then they give and I take!

Free will is being able to choose a particular type and model of motor vehicle I drive,that is free will!
Its very simple to understand,but it is only relevant to the here and now,and,it is the only thing that separates us humans from animals,its not just intuition and instinct,it's the ability to make positive choices,some choices affect others,some don't

Then again if I was locked in prison I still have free will but then I have to submit to someone else's will,or lose my privileges, but I still retain my free will,but,I cannot exercise it as a "right",I lost that right when I entered prison?

Free will to me just separates us from the instinctiveness of an animal,for instance I feed my cat every day twice,in between he catches mice or vermin, I did not produce the mouse,the cat chose that himself
and that is free will too,he could of left the mouse alone but didn't, I have watched him make choices!

Now whether or not I chose my parents or they may of chose me,well I don't know,God knows and its on a need to know basis,would it be an advantage knowing my life's plan?
I think it would be a big disadvantage,the same as knowing when,where and exactly how you are going to die,it may have an disaterous outcome.

But I do know when I leave my body whether consciously or NDE,its still me,my mind, travelling on these journeys,I know I am.
My will is limited there,like in a prison!

Kind Regards Billy.