View Single Post
Old 26-02-2020, 06:58 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Everybody's mind is capable of developing the wholesome and letting go of the unwholesome.

Only awareness of what is happening in our mind and learning the skill of changing our mind is called for.

Wouldn't it be easier to just transcend the mind? Ignore it. Become liberated from it? Then what we are when not distracted or attentive to mind blooms. It doesn't matter what is happening in the mind if my attention is not being drawn to it.

Being in conflict with the mind is mind, imagined created content. The minds role in our lives is solved not through a skill, but through more self awareness, insights, understanding.

I have understanding, I have awareness, I have perception, I have experience. I have knowledge. I have choice among the given and present. Where is mind in this? In one sense, I am mind, as the word mind could include everything I just stated. But then habitual conditioned reactive thought can also be "mind" to a person identified and fixated on it. There are not two selves, but the one self can be looking here or there for reality. In the habitual conditioned thought, or looking elsewhere.