View Single Post
Old 21-04-2018, 04:52 PM
Ascender

Angel1

Hello all. Thanks linen53 for the elaboration on your belief which I know is not only personal to you but to many others also, and thanks too for the reading suggestion.
Hello blackraven. Your observation and thoughts expressed in your opening paragraph make a lot of sense to me as a plodding ponderer.
Pondering further with regard to the remainder of your post, and in response to your wondering what my thoughts are on the subject of secrets.
If I may return and expand a little on thoughts expressed in the opening post.

It seems to me, though it may not be the case, that the universe functions in truthfulness with reality being a constant yet moving wave crest carried forward by cause and consequence which themselves become one another and behave in a manner which is wholly predictable with sufficient understanding. We understand some part of this manner as what we call scientific law.
If we choose to believe that we too are indivisible inseparable components of this constant process of cause and consequence, then it also seems to me that in order for that belief to be or become a personal reality our manner must need to be truthful.--for else, as expressed in the opening post, we are separated.
The question then is a question which is always present--how do we discern what is true? How do we evaluate, how do we judge? And if able to judge, in what manner shall we apply that judgement? This perhaps leads us to the question you ask concerning secrets, withheld information. And what about beliefs? Are they truths or answers to need? Should we distinguish between untruths generated by psychological need, and untruths generated in order to achieve personal advantage in the pursuit of personal ambition? And is such ambition itself a response to psychological need? So many questions requiring so much understanding, and for what purpose? Perhaps these are the great questions of the how and why of being. Perhaps the answers also have something to do with the how and why of being--of being of the whole and behaving as such.

petex