View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Suspended

I would never try some method someone is teaching that involves "talking to myself or imagining myself to have a demon as a part of me." Like the one that group is using. I have no parts that are a demon or demonic.

It's really pretty simple. We are merged with an animal body so experience "animal" type things to the degree we identify with this animal body. This "animal body" also has memory, thoughts and so a conditioned mind as well.

It can be confusing because we are the only "mind" in a sense. We have memory and identity but then the body we are merged with has these things too. One thing the body's mind does not have however is self awareness, because there is only one self, us, being, consciousness. But this "me" is merged with the human animal and it's mind, like I said, so what is me and what is not me gets all confused.

Pleasure is not a problem in itself, neither is self caused suffering. They can both be transcended. Neither keep one from discovering your true nature. Really it's just finding out who is the trouble maker. Who is creating conflict and self caused suffering in you? Well it's you, so the path is to change this you so it stops doing these things.

As far as the pleasure you talked about, really that is all body mind and animal stuff that is wholly dependent on the animal body and to a degree it's conditioning. All sexual desire disappears when one no longer identifies with the body and it's conditioning. But then, that too can be a problem because for health reasons men need a sex drive and fully liberated you don't have one anymore. So keep that around, as long as you are human anyway. Make peace with it. It's no more or less important than eating. It's something the body does for various health and reproductive reasons. Not a big deal. Not important.

Make peace with your animal body and it's mind. But understand it and be it's master instead of it's slave.