View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Gem I think this is a great idea...I have been trying to do a bit of this myself lately on various threads. Just a few takers here and there thus far, LOL.

Well, I'm only trying to improve my skills in regards the navigation of my inner world, and also my skills in the social world.

Quote:
I think it's good to say "it's okay" to say that this is going to be difficult at times. I have put stuff out there over time that was difficult for me personally.

It is difficult at times and no one has it easy, and yes it's OK. The outer world is a too judgy, and we end up internalising that as self-judgment. That becomes a divisive self, as the judger and the judged.

On 'putting things out there' which are difficult... I don't encourage that. It's fine if people already feel OK and are ready to disclose themselves, but this isn't a safe place for raw wounds. I also suggest if people happen to make disclosures, it's up to them to say as much they as think is safe, and others shouldn't try to pry it open.

Quote:
But it's when I get to the universal stuff that is personal for so many of us that some folks will really balk and start to bristle at me or drop like flies, hahaha.

Yes the universal aspiration will near enough inevitably bring us against our obstacles, and hence the difficulty, so we best understand the healing process is consequential to this thing, and be primarily concerned with our own process. I think the focus on others can be a way we use to distract ourselves, but we can easily convince ourselves it is helping.

Quote:
I acknowledge that this will be the case. I can take it.
I really just want to hear what folks think and what their take on things are. That is where some courage and fortitude is required...it's harder than it looks.

Peace & blessings
7L

OK, I'm interested in everyone's take on things, though it is fine to be reserved, and it's often for the best. Sometimes, when feeling highly compelled to speak out, it is hard to keep quiet. Mostly, when so compelled, some sort of 'prove myself' attitude is arising, maybe some need for validation, approval, appreciation, or just the burning desire to be right... so being honestly conscious of the motivation behind things is a good place for self-awareness, and it is very easy to fool ourselves about what our motivations are.