Thread: Lord Shiva ...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmode
Right.... :)
From time to time I have this doubt that Shiva is a living being and I look at him as if he is just a source of energy of some kind....But not a personality...I got this fate-problem...

I want to believe!! :)
Namaste.

How Lord Shiva reveals himself to you personally is the way it was meant to be. A lot of people have problems with what we call Shiva's "saguna" aspect (i.e Shiva in human/personal form) but I do not. I have seen it and I know it.

I like to think of it this way; the 'living being' of Shiva only represents what He is in pure essence.

I have light brown hair, green eyes, an olive complexion and I like to wear saffron robes, my rudraksha and parad malas...all of those things make up what I look like, but it is not 'me'. However, to love me in totality, includes loving what I look like, with the whole realisation that is not who I really am, it's only that part of me I outwardly display to others.

Thus, I can worship Shiva as a 'living being' and as 'a part of me' and as a 'cosmic energy' (purusha) as well as His Maya (prakriti). Shiva is Shakti and Shakti is Shiva.

All of those demons that influence people via way of media, TV, music, food etc...well, that's not real. It is a false perception of reality...it is mithya and so is any perception of Shiva whatsoever, however the former leads to bondage, to suffering and the latter leads to liberation. Thus I shall still worship Lord Shiva's Maya with all my heart (that isn't really 'mine' anyway). lol

Wanting to believe is the first step.