Thread: Reiki
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2006, 10:32 AM
ross

With Reiki the energy comes from the same source as spiritual healing although this is not necessarily interpreted as God. Reiki means "universal life force energy", Rei means universal, transcendental spirit, mysterious power and essence, Ki means life force energy. It is the same as the chinese concept of chi and the indian concept of prana. According to my Reiki master who is also an accomplished spiritual healer, the main difference is that Reiki is as much focused on self healing as it is others and is also geared towards empowering others to heal themselves. With Reiki there are inherent safeguards that prevent the healer from picking up the negative energy from the recipient, regardless of intent. A Reiki healer doesn't have to focus their attention on the recipient in order for the healing to take place, it just flows. However the amount of energy a healer can channel depends on the level to which the healer has been attuned.
I've also done my first degree Reiki (usui tradition) and am doing the second on the 18/19 march. I'm planning on doing the first degree Seichem attunement about june/july time, is anyone attuned to any other traditions of Reiki?
Here's my lineage; Mikao Usui > Chujiro Hayashi > Iris Ishikuro > Arthur Robertson > Judith Tripp > Derek Coker > Colin Kirsch > Sam Webb > Mark Stone.
How close is this to everyone else's?