View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Of course humans are unique, but our intestines and bodies most closely resemble frugivorous mammals, not herbivores, omnivores or carnivores. pretty sure about that but I could be wrong and am open to a more detailed discussion where a variety of information and sources are consulted to reach the most valid conclusion.

In the same token I think it's safe to suggest that humans are designed to eat food that is alive, which naturally discludes old dead meat, and things that require cooking before consuming which rules out a lot of other foods which many misconstrue as ideal or viable candidates for the best staples of our diet. Food that is alive contains negative ions, electric and magnetic properties and other things we thrive off of that are destroyed with cooking and excessive processing.

In no way shape or form do humans have a digestive system resembling a frugivore......we are not frugivores....period!

We are omnivores with a digestive system that looks pretty much exactly like other omnivorous animals such as pigs and chimpanzees.

And just like every other animal on this planet with canine teeth....we are well equipt to eat and digest animal proteins.

I will agree with you that a certain amount of raw foods are both good and necessary.....on the other hand there are any number of foods that are more nutritious cooked because the act of heating them makes the nutrients bio-available. Both tomatoes and spinach come to mind.

In the case of certain cruciferous vegetables like spinach....the available nutrients are tied up by oxalates which heating releases.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!