Thread: The awakening
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 02:35 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I don't understand what that experiment proves. It is like a non-Chinese team of scientists would try to demonstrate that whatever Chinese people speak and write is an illusion that can be repeated with technological means.

The only way to learn if there is an afterlife, and what that is, is to experience it in an altered state of consciousness yourself.

As far as I know, OBEs are projections into your own individual slice of the imagination plane, and has is no closer to the afterlife plane than our physical plane. It is the same plane where we focus our attention when we imagine something, and where we project when we dream. OBEs are as "real" as our imagination and our dreams are.

I'd say that our imaginary is primary, and the reality we perceive is secondary, and, that both are part of the imaginary of our essence (soil) that resides on the afterlife plane, having physical experiences.

I can respect your position, but I don't like your metaphor though. I think science is just starting to catch up. It doesn't always make giant leaps in discoveries. Sometimes it takes a series of experiments like the one done in Sweden to start building a case for consciousness. Perhaps it was premature for the article to call it a proof, but IMO it's an interesting discovery for sure.

I don't believe people who are experiencing OBE's or NDE are imagining it. People who are day dreaming or imagining scenarios have an Alpha level brain activity. People who experience OBE's have a Theta level of brain activity, and dreaming is part of REM level brain activity.

When some one is dying or experiencing an OBE, the brain is behaving differently than normal sleep cycle.

I don't believe the brain produces consciousness, but rather it filters it.