View Single Post
Old 17-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
If it's a real phenomenon, stripped of all the woolly "religious" elements I'm just surprised that science finds it so hard to detect. Also wouldn't we be literally besieged by the spirits of the dead as they must number billions and bilions by now?

It is my belief that no one can ever be sure of that of which no one can be sure about. Everyone believes that their belief is so true to them nothing could seem to shake the foundations of that belief.

So many views and opinions, so many unquestionably correct, yet in the end bring no solace to one who seeks their own truth.

I would say hear the views of others, take what seems to resonate with you and discard what does not, but more so to take time to go within an to explore what seems true to you.

This in itself may not still satisfy the hunger you seek or many others, but in my experience something tells you that questioning is something we do and is expected while we live in a body. but there is an unexplainable sense, without words, that everything will be as it should be and that will be after our passing. There is an element of comfort in this 'sensing' which is surrounded by a 'knowing'.

I don't feel that any amount of questioning will satisfy eternal questions, but arriving at that place of sensing and knowing seems to invalidate any need for questions any more, life can then be lived.

I don't feel anyone else can lead you to this sensing and knowing , but its something that comes at the right time for you. I believe for me I have arrived at this point but could not describe it or teach it, but maybe there is some comfort in hearing that in time something does come but may have to go through a season of questioning first. (I have had plenty of years of that )