Thread: what is bliss?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, my friend...it has to happen by itself...because trying to make myself feel it by looking at inspiring images and prose that I once found uplifting and full of love isn't working...it's like my soul sees right through my egoic attempts at re-opening my heart chakra after the event!

I used to feel stuff worshiping Shiva...I don't feel anything anymore but just 'going through the motions' and 'faking it until I make it' again...but my deep inner self won't be fooled by this...patting puppies don't help either...nor going to the ocean...watching a beautiful sunset...It's as if I am drained of all emotion until only awareness of Self remains.

I just have to ride it out until it happens, I guess. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words of advice and help.

I see where you're at now, beyond the puppy and sunset remedy, I've been there too. Are you familiar with the five koshas? Swamij tackles maya and koshas, perhaps his view might help. In kosha terms where do you think you might be?

http://www.swamij.com/koshas.htm