View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 03:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Thank you all for your replies. My husband said my brother is putting it in denial. He deleted the posts so my mother never saw it. He did not want to upset our mother. It may not matter that he deleted the posts because I now realise that it probably will not do any good if I said something to my mother. Last year I went on a cruise with my mother. I advised my mother to change her trousers as they smelled. My mother refused and said I do not care if they smell. I washed her clothes early in the morning when she was sleeping so she would not know about it. I think she will end up in a nursing home very soon. She had a fall a week ago. Next time it could be a lot worse and she will be forced to go into a nursing home. Her walking is getting a lot worse than before.

"Deleted the posts" as in blog posts? internet forum posts? ????

Nursing homes are expensive especially if they have an on sight nurse which some do not. Getting someone into a nursing home is difficult and expensive. Unless you are a multimillionaire the thing people do is to give up 99% of their assets to meet the requirements for assistance. Then you have to apply and wait for an opening somewhere. You will not have a choice of where to go. You will be placed where there is an available opening.