View Single Post
Old 15-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Knower

One thing that I wanted to share: I, a couple of weeks ago, would have said something along the lines of, "I hate running, but I like how I feel afterwards."

This is no longer the case. I do not know if something internally changed or if it is only my perception, but I now actively love the normally very arduous process of running itself. I run very early in the morning in my rural area, on a rural road, when there are no cars nor people nor noise around. I have come to view running as a meditative experience. I am fully within the moment, feeling even the normally uncomfortable cold gusts of air against my face and the normally uncomfortable fatigue in my muscles.

And, of course, the feeling afterwards is wonderful. If one does exercise like this in the early morning, no matter what else occurs, one has already accomplished a great deal!

Further along these lines... I take showers that consist of running the coldest possible water all over my body for a few moments, then actually wash myself with warm water, and then run myself over with the cold once more. I then step out into the steamy and warm bathroom. I would urge everyone to try this because the physical benefits are astounding. However, obviously, the part involving the frigid water would normally be thought of as uncomfortable. I certainly thought it was until yesterday, when I had the realization that I ought to be relishing the jolting feeling. The very fact that I have the capability to feel such powerful sensations is sort of divine in and of itself. I now live fully within that moment and likewise enjoy it.