Thread: Original Source
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Well 34The_enigma34

All I can say is....Im glad its your realisation....cos its definately not mine......I have to disagree with you wholeheartedly......but if this is how you want it to be, then who am I to argue......I'll stick with my 'knowings' and be very glad of them because they make my life worthwhile....blessings and Peace x.

I can't discount someone else's experience, especially when it it apparently so clear and real to them . What can be a monkey wrench in interpreting anything like that is just that : how do we know the experiencer interpreted it's meaning in a way that is accurate enough to put it into words that anyone else should necessarily take meaning from?. How do we even know the person understood the meaning of what they have seen . Subjectivity is almost inescapable .

What I read from the o.p. is a pretty harsh, ungentle experience of ultimate nothingness , maybe even a glimpse into beyond thingness and nothingness, which can be an unfomfortable thing all by itself . It reminds me of drug experiences I've read about, where people are ripped out of their comfortable reality and shown , very unceremoniously, the utter pointlessness of our existence in the face of ultimate nothingness . Our little survival bubbles of happiness and niceness and sweetness might get smashed against the rocks of the cold , and seemingly indifferent, cosmic void .

Sure, nothingness is the ultimate reality , so get used to the idea of being stripped of all you know, think, believe, feel , or imagine , because you will have it all removed eventually. I don't see any way around that .

Ah, but there's more to it than that , because that isn't the only way we have of seeing the infinity of nothingness. That way is like jumping into the pool that has the water drained out , and again, I have to wonder if some mind-altering substance was involved somehow , even if indirectly. Those chemicals do give us new windows on the universe , but I don't trust them ,
just like I don't necessarily trust someone else's vision (or whatever) to be any sort of definitive , applicable version of reality FOR ME.

So, the 'more to it' that I'm thinking of , is that there is not just nothingness . There is Beingness , and as beings being aware of our own beingness, we get to experience glimpses or visions of nothingness with the cushion of beingness , if that makes any sense. We get to evolve a sense of both the uplifting, nurturing , supportive nature of the universe , and also the chaotic side of it . If it were really about only this horrible, empty , black hole of nothingness, well, we'd just disappear right down into that and dissolve away; we wouldn't even be aware of ourselves if we really went into nothingness.

But we don't do that , do we ?. No, we get the opportunity to live and be aware of the many facets and dimensions of the universe , and we get to
do it gently, if we choose to. But if we get a harsh dose of the rough side of it , well, maybe that's what being here is about for some people, to see it that way, for whatever reason, and maybe finding the balance, some of the gentler approach , that's the universe's way of giving them the opportunity to find that. That's kind of what happened to me when I was much younger, though not as brutally as the o.p.

two cents