View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
ZenYoga

Apologies for my English in advance as I am from CIS region. I have found this thread in google while searching for those who have problems similar to mine.

I have been practicing medititation for 9 years and I have constant pressure in my crown chakra and ajna chakra for about last three years,sometimes it is preventing me from thinking clearly. I have read a lot of literature about this theme, but only recently found some information on how to reduce this pressure. I do not know whether you will find this valuable but here is what I have found. Actually, I do not have hyperlinks, as I mostly have read the info from Russian and Central Asian sites.

First - during the meditation we simply forget to breathe properly. If brain does not get enough oxygene, it can have devastating consequences, up to destruction of brain cortex cells. I started to use stomach/diaphragmal breathing during my meditation sets. You can discover about this way of breating on many yoga websites.
It must be slow and smooth. If you are getting sleepy you can stand up. Do not breathe too frequently and fastly, as overbreathing is also very harmful for your brain cortex.

Second, those who are working in the office frequently have osteochondrosis. It also prevents blood from circulating properly to/in your head. You can try the following exercise. While sitting you can throw your head back for 20-30 secs and stretch you jaw up with arching your back (similar to cobra asana/posture) , and it will stimulate the blood circulation in your neck. You also can try asanas from yoga for the neck flexibility.However, it is better to consult your therapist, before doing the above exercise and yoga, as some asanas can be harmful for you, depending on your physical preparedness level.

With this two methods I have managed to only reduce the pressure in my head, but did not remove it fully. However, now the pressure is more manageable, and does not hinder me from doing my job.