View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
1. I agree, cardio is inefficient for burning calories, so it isn't necessary for weight loss.

Oh it's efficient enough for burning calories, and I'd suggest some cardio is optimal, but it's by no means necessary, and if there one had to choose between resistance training and cardio, resistance would be the far better option. Resistance combined with cardio would be optimal, though. You need the resistance to signal the body that it needs muscle, and you need enough protein to maintain muscle, otherwise the body will catabolise muscle for energy and protein. We really want to keep the muscle and lose the fat, innit?

Quote:
2. Regarding weight exercises ... Doing more repetitions with lighter weights results in more bulking up. Using heavier weights, hence less repetitions, is results in gaining more strength. I believe that's what you wrote too.

Zakly.

Quote:
The one repetition with the heaviest load you can handle is a form of High-Intensity.

Zakly.

Quote:
The modern consensus is that High-Intensity isn't only the most time efficient type of exercise, but also the healthiest.

Yes, training for strength is most important for bone density, connective tissue integrity, injury prevention, longevity, functional ability and so much more...