View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Guide
Namaste,

I write this post taking risks, for example that you tell me that I misunderstood your message!

The tree is very beautiful. A jewel. Its message is not so easy to carry out, depending on personal circumstances and experience. In my case, bonds with the past are difficult to cut, and it is reasonable as I had a bright past, full of happiness and joy. Even so, I agree that we only have an everpresent. I also agree that we should try to live the "now" with joy.

In my view the concept of end result always exists. When you set an intention you necessarily think of an end result. In my view there is no intention-setting without a representation of an end result, and of its achievement, even though it may be incremental. It implies acceptance of our imperfections, and it is a true relief. I fully share that self-development should be seen as an incremental process.

It is interesting to consider how everyday life could affect the pace of our self-development. Depending on your circumstances you may be very conscious about what to do, and what do you want, but you need to survive in the jungle and such survival demands you to put the energy on other places. It distracts you from things you would like to do. I do not mind to become a dark and unloving being because you have an intention, but maybe to experience an undesired leak of your energy.

Concerning procrastination, well... I can less than agree all what you wrote.

One last thought about people's stubbornness. From a semantic point of view we are talking of those who know what they should do and even so persist without doing it, right? I think that it does not related to knowledge as you define it.

I am not sure about the concept, WYWWYG [what you want is what you get], there could be inner difficulties very hard to be overcome, related to wisdom, which make people stubborn. Many times is not a matter of knowing what to do, rather, it is a matter of how to make changes and how walk the path to go from one state to another. Maybe a matter of wisdom, and it could be hard to be changed. I am afraid of seeming fatalist with this specific elaboration.

I appreciate very much your post as a food of mind and of loving feelings, and not less, the time and efforts you devote to write and draw.

When you read this post, it will be in my past but at the same time it will be your present, but my loving intention with this exchange of ideas and feelings will be still present.

TISS