View Single Post
Old 14-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Experiencer

Mind-body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Since training to get stronger, physically - well it's also psychological - and motivation is the yin/yang of negativity of dislike balanced with the positivity of like. For example, when a body looks poorly, feels unhealthy, and is deteriorating, that is disliked. But one has to like it enough to do something about it. Yes, the love/hate relationship is psychic energy, and the intensity in that balance is the motivator that arouses the will to do something.

With this is a sensibility which can be expressed in the question, 'what is the best thing for me'? Indeed one has to be honest with themselves in discerning, and not be tricked by vanity. The ego has to be left at the door in contemplation so that a truthful determination is possible, and not a determination for self-gratification. Self gratification is such a surface level 'I want', a type of lust, but 'what is best' in an honest way is quite a deep consideration that could transform one's lifestyle as a whole, so that not only will things be done differently for a while til one gets what they want, but be done differently as whole different way of living.

In my case, my journey into training of course saw physical results, but also far more. Firstly, strength is personal and comes in commitment, dedication, perseverance and persistence and diligence and self-honesty as to one's strengths and limitations. If these strengths are applied to the body, then the body has to adapt to being stronger to match the mental strength which is applied to it. SO, your strength is already here, and it may manifent in time through training the body to endure one's strength of mind. Bruce Lee is a good example of strong mind manifesting strong body.

So where does this strength originate? It's very difficult not to be distracted because the mind is strongly conditioned to be noisy and wild, but one has to know their own mind, with all of it's issues, instabilities, insecurities and traumas, otherwise it may get the better of them, and compel persons to act out of reactivity to the body's discomforts and comforts - thus one loses sight of 'what is best' - and slides back into self-gratification. No one said happiness and pleasure is the same thing, right? With the body there's both pleasure and pain; this is inevitable for physical life, and every single reader has experienced it! I think happiness has a lot to do with 'what is best', because the honesty that question really requires brings out some our finest human virtues.

I trained for a little over a year now and brought the body from degeneration back to life. Its strength is just starting to manifest from the personal strengths I applied to it. This 'mind to body' - that 'mind to train' - has gone deep into me, and constructed the psychological profile of an athlete. That neurological transformation also brought me a new vision of my future. The psychic energy is redirected to motivate me in new directions, to do things I couldn't have dreamed of doing before, and in the same vein, I apply my strengths of character, in this new way, to the physical world, so that my vision may manifest in time.

This is great! Thanks for posting this. Something a lot of ppl forget it seems and some thing I have been personally struggling with. This is definitely motivational!