Thread: Death. Yeah?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
People have their rules and expect everyone else to live by them. Live by your own rules and worry not what others think. There is nothing wrong with you. It was cruel what your aunt said and if I was her sister or sister-in-law, your mother, I may have punched her in the nose. But it is her anger at the death of her daughter that strikes out at you. It isn't personal. I guess if I were you I would ask why you felt compelled to make this thread because it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks (or what you wear). It only matters what you think (and want to wear). The rest is someone else's rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
and I actually felt NOTHING. Not a thing.

That is why. Above. This doesn't set right with me. As one whom trusts my gut feelings about things and my higher intuition as it hardly fails me most times, I feel I should be able to feel something in regards to the passing of a loved one, other than a feeling of moving on, grieving for a short but reasonable time and coming to my own terms with it.

Shouldn't I feel like other people? Like simply being able to cry at a funeral.

Also it is on the death forum, and the topic is grief and death. I feel my counselor was right in saying what he did. And while I don't disagree with anything said in this thread, It simply bothers me I don't cry at funerals, for reasons I said, I am not hateful, I am kind as possible, I try to help people, and I am not cold.

I just don't cry. But it still bothers me, it is one of my own irritating quirks I have about myself like some would find one biting their nails distasteful I guess.

I guess I am just as always, wondering who I am, and what makes me who I am I guess.

And if I haven't said so already thank you all for your responses and perspective.
I guess this may be something or one of those things I will probably figure out on my own in my own time.