View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 10:23 AM
DreamBliss

Three things:

1. Begin meditating at least once every day, if you are not already meditating already. Try a mantra like, "Peace, Calm." Choose your own words, ones that really strike you, a few words or a short sentence. Use that as a mantra during your mediation. Focus on the sound of the words, not the words themselves. Yogani provides excellent instructions in, "Deep Meditation." This is what I use, and my mantra is, "Release, Flow." Try your mantra for two weeks, then change it if you come up with something that strikes you more. Always give a two week trial period.

2. Jack Canfield, in, "Living the Law of Attraction" describes something I think of as, "Statements of Intent." I have a list I say three times every day when I get up. In your case I would state this, "Today I want to be at peace." Again use your own words if you come up with a statement you like better. Focus on the positive, never say what you don't want, such as, "Today I don't want to feel anxious." PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT! It places the focus on what you don't want, not what you do want. So you have to phrase it with a focus on what you do want.

3. Create a mental movie, as detailed in Maxwell Maltz's, "Psycho Cybernetics." I write a script and then, whenever the situation arises in which I need it, I take a few moments and run the movie. I have one for depression where I climb up out of a swamp, and another for anger where I redirect lava toward a processing plant. In your case a possible script would be you seeing yourself, in a situation that normally causes you anxiety, responding in a perfectly calm, collected and at peace. Another one you could try would be to see yourself as a duck in sudden rainstorm (like water off a dukc's back). Write a script relevant to your situation that appeals to you.

All these things work for me, and I am confident they will work for you. Using these methods will remove the anxiety from your life, and they are only limited in power by your belief in them.
- DreamBliss