Thread: Why God is ONE
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Master
Namaste and welcome to SF.

To say that God is only one is limiting God to a unity, is it not? I believe that all God concepts have the same origin, but they are all just small facets of a huge diamond, but God isn't even the diamond...nor the ocean the individual soul is only a droplet within.

God is unity because whatever name is given to Him with love, faith and devotion will represent Him. so He can be 'one God' and He can be 'many Gods' mutually, exclusively and simultaneously - it wouldn't be God otherwise.

God made it confusing so only the heart can understand it and some of us use the language of the heart to communicate.

God wants to 'ruin His unity' for the same reason he created Mankind to believe in Him...'cause He was bored and gave us all free will.

I do believe that 'God is one'. I give Him the conceptual label of 'Shiva' and others call Him 'Jehovah' (or that name that cannot be said - that's a cool one from a Hindu point of view) or Allah...I just worship God in this particular form, I guess so...

I don't include Buddha in there because Buddha isn't technically a God...but anyway, enough of it.

Aum Namah Shivaya