View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 02:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
All religion is to control and exert power? I doubt it.

Poison to release poison.

Raft used to cross the river.

etc.

There is not a tool in the world that can't be misused, or, applied properly.

Best not to generalize completely IMO.

H blooming tree,

You bring up a good point.

Can agree best not to generalize.

There are so many religions out there, not just the what may the more well known ones. Atleast, where I live Even these seem to have their sects .

I don't feel all are into control and power, many am not familiar with or practice, so attempt not to clump all into one pile.

There are reflections in history of abuses and misrepresentations in which some religions and/or certain beliefs were used to manipulate power, IMO. This is not to condemn religion, but reflect upon caution to be considered in how it may be used or misused, as I see it.

There are religious groups who also do great deeds in helping the poor and homeless. Many find true comfort and a center in life through religious practice.
Which for me is also spiritual, whether done in an established building or out in nature.., in a group or alone.

I was raised in a Catholic household. My disagreements are in regards to some of the church policies, so feel it is hypicritical of me to attend and support the church.
Just what I work through with myself.

It does bring up some wondering and couriosity in regards to religion because it is so much a part of this human experience. Meaning in the sense of how many may interact with one another.

So, explore a bit different sides and realize it can be a personal area to enter for some.

Just expressing some of my outlooks.
Agree, like any tool depends how it is applied.

Thank you