Thread: Night sweats
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
Okay...I don't get night sweats any more and haven't had them for years, but something else has started happening which is a sudden development, and I don't understand it.
It's really cold weather here, powder snow in the air, but no snow on the ground yet, so of course I'm wearing winter gear (as I usually do in cold weather, so that's no different)
So when I go for a walk I have only gone one mile and I start to overheat and can feel my clothes sticking to me. I have to sometimes take off my jacket and scarf, and blow inside the front of my sweater to get cooler!
Today I took the whole lot off and could feel how biting the wind was but I had to do something to cool down a little.
At the end of the second mile (I had to walk across country to get to a village store) -I was soaking wet.
Bad idea in bitter cold weather....
So I put everything back on again and was icy cold plus too hot both at the same time!
When I got home my underclothes were soaked through. My top and sweater were damp too. But I felt strong, well, healthy...
I had to shower and change everything for dry clothes.
The sweat smelled sweet. Not unpleasant at all. Now I sniff my dried clothes which got soaked on my walk, and they smell fresh like the laundry powder I use....weird.
This hasn't just happened once. It's been happening for 2 weeks or so.
I have no illnesses, no conditions, am healthy, am not menopausal any longer (by 10 years!) I eat healthily lots of good balanced veggie food, drink plenty of water....Have no other symptoms. Oh and my thyroid is fine.
I do get extra thirsty after that has happened, like tonight. I drank water to make up for it.
What the heck is it?