View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 05:26 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
I was born and raised a Christion so I had it feed to me from day one. I had great parents, we went to church every Sunday, my father was a good man and my mother outstanding too.

I still consider myself a Christian in a mystical way. Having faith in a living God that loves you can be very profound. I like the gnostic texts and Have read some also. They put a different spin on the life of Christ.

Anyway, these days I'm open to many possibilities, life is large. The Christ is remarkable no doubt. God incarnate if you buy into it. I'm in love with the cosmic Christ. The living Christ, the Christ of all compassion and love. The Buddha is right up there too...

I definitely feel blessed to have found my own path. The Christ of all compassion and love is the Christ I know. :) I also love the teachings of Buddha. I grew to not be so concerned with labels and arguments and just focus on my own spiritual connection with "all that is" in my own experience. When I started following my heart and intuition I opened my mind to learning all kinds of possibilities. People of different views and beliefs were always landing right in front of me and I would listen to them if I felt they were coming from a loving and non judgmental place. There is so much magic and wonder in life that I just couldn't find wrapped in "one little religion's box". I'm not discounting any religion, of course. Everyone has their own pathway to the Divine and their own spiritual way of thinking and living. I prefer the possibilities, as you said. I truly believe if more worked together instead of against each other we'd have more understanding in the world. I hold hope to the possibility of that. :)

Thanks for sharing your background :)