Thread: Suicide attempt
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Master
Brucely, thank you for sharing about this; know you are not alone. The saying is that we have to first go through hell to get to heaven; but I imagine some people’s portion of hell can be more challenging than that of what other people might go through; still its not a contest about who has it the worst; to each the experience of their pain is paramount. The spiritual journey has ups and downs; we climb a peak only to go back down into the valley so that we can climb an even greater peak. After awhile of traveling the spiritual path the lows become higher than previous peaks. It can be difficult living around others who don't respect you.

I have a very fulfilling life right now but it was not always that way; most have had their dark nights of the soul. I almost committed suicide when I was with the U.S. Army in Vietnam. I was on guard duty one night and I was miserable. I had automatic weapons and hand grenades with me sitting a top a bunker made of sandbags. It was about 3am and I was overwhelmed by that war, seeing so much death, etc., and I did not want to live. I was ready to pull the pin on a hand grenade and hold it to my chest, when my sergeant came up behind me and asked me how things were going. I now consider it a miracle that my sergeant walked up on me in time; that small gesture gave me pause which allowed me to come home to the U.S. in one piece.

Lots of people contemplate suicide but some are renewed by the spirit within. The darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. The light of God is there with us even in our darkest hour. All is well, even in our darkest hour all is well. Don’t let go of hope, even though things may seem dark and dismal, that sacred divinity is always with us. We don’t always get what we want and sometimes we even lose what we had; what we cherished; still divine unconditional love flourishes within us. Even in our darkest hour it will never abandon us; the light of all lights is there just right below the surface within you; allow it to come forth and shine through. Blessings go with you on your journey.