View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Angel1 I died December 2016

I suffered from a ruptured ascending aortic arch and was rushed to emergency surgery at UW Medical Center on December 6th, 2016. After going over the procedure ahead with the doctors and my family, I was set to head into emergency surgery to repair and replace the arch on my ascending Aorta that leads directly from the heart to the rest of my body. It's a surgery that most people never live long enough to reach help, much less survive the surgery itself. In my case they had to take me into Deep Hypothermic Arrest. They had to slowly cool my core body temperature to 68 degrees as well as my brain. This surgical procedure required my heart and brain function to stop for at least 40 minutes so they could repair the Aorta itself. It ended up being a 13 hour surgery and upon completion they couldn't get my heart to pump on it's own so I was placed on an Ecmo Heart Machine to pump it for me while I recovered from the surgery that placed so much trauma upon my entire body. During the time I was clinically dead and after the surgery had to be rewarmed and resuscitated back to life. Then I remember floating above the hospital and then seeing myself as I laid there recovering. As a result of the surgery my kidneys and liver began to fail and I contracted multiple infections. I even ended up losing some muscles in my leg due to a condition known as compartment syndrome. The doctors even had a meeting with my family about 20 days into the coma to discuss the level of brain damage I would most likely suffer after recovering from the surgery itself. The doctors gave me a 3-4% chance of surviving. I cannot say for sure what the time line was for my near death experience but I remember transporting to a beautiful mansion with perfectly manicured grounds surrounding it. It's funny because I disctinctly remember seeing rhododendrons there. There are Rhododendrons in Heaven, or at least there were where I transported to. Then I remember entering this pristine mansion where I was met by a beautiful tall slender woman wearing wearing all white. I remember the sound of water flowing, trickling like a water feature or a babbling brook. At any rate I spoke with this woman but our mouths weren't moving but I could understand what she was thinking. I can't quite remember exactly what she said to me but I felt unconditionally safe, loved, welcome and accepted. Later I found myself back in my bed where another woman came to me and told me that they were going to let me go back. If I was given a reason I can't recall what it was, at least not yet. On Christmas Eve I began to open my eyes to see my Fiance' sitting there by my bedside. I always felt safe before and after the surgery. In hindsight I felt safe when I died and after being resuscitated and awaken from a coma I always felt safe and loved. It's as if I just knew I was going to be ok. As time goes by, nearly two years now, my memories of that day come back to me in bits and pieces. Probably because of the level of brain damage I suffered. It's mostly memory that was affected. I had to learn to walk again and with much physical therapy I am happy to announce I can walk now somewhat normally but with a new condition known as drop foot. I have to wear a brace to keep my foot in place but if that's the only bad thing I came out with after this incredible ordeal, then I'll take it! I am trying to understand my NDE better though. I have reached out to a couple of hypnotists to see if they felt they could help me recapture some of these lost memories and moments. Until then any feedback from anyone else who has had a near death experience and out of body experiences as well would be welcome.